Saturday 29 December 2012

In The Garden

I spent a couple of hours in the garden today pulling up weeds and grass. I've almost done, just the rhubarb patch left. While I was pulling up grass I found a big fat grub, which I threw in to the chickens. Hot Ginge grabbed it and ran. She had Princess Fiona & Maggie chasing her to try and steal it. Hot Ginge tried to gulp it down but it was too big. I spent around 10 minutes watching the comedy show....she finally got the grub down and the other girls stopped chasing.

I picked 10 large chiggioa beet root (red & white striped), 1 golden beet root, broccoli, a savoy cabbage and countless tomatoes (several varieties, large & small). Bre saw the broccoli and said "broccoli, my favourite", a 2yr old that likes broccoli? It happens!! I'm baking beet root, carrots & potato to have with sour cream for dinner. I'll also have to start cooking, I'm planning on choc/beet root cake, salsa, tomato relish, tomato paste, pesto and beet root relish.

My hands are sore and I'm tired, but it was an enjoyable day gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment